Experienced Cary Attorney
D. Hardison Wood is a North Carolina crashworthiness attorney who focuses his practice on products liability, professional negligence, and other complex personal injury litigation, and appellate work. He Mr. Wood also represents small businesses; offering counsel on contracts, vendor disputes, partnership issues and more.
Mr. Wood was born and raised in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He graduated from St. John’s College in Annapolis, Maryland with a double major in philosophy and the history of mathematics and science.
Mr. Wood earned his law degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York, New York. Upon returning to North Carolina, he founded the Law Office of D. Hardison Wood and is the firm’s sole shareholder.10.0Daniel Hardison Wood
Since passing the bar, Mr. Wood has spent a majority of his practice to representing injured victims of negligence. One of his very first cases out of law school was a 15-passenger van rollover involving fatalities and serious injuries.
The case took years to bring to a successful conclusion against the van’s manufacturer, and it gave Mr. Wood deep insights into catastrophic injury litigation early on in his career.
Mr. Wood has been named to the 2017 U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms Best Lawyers list. This recognition is based upon feedback from clients and lawyer evaluations and peer reviews, mainly in areas of expertise, integrity, responsiveness, cost-effectiveness, civility and referrals.
The Law Office of D. Hardison Wood has also been named to the U.S. News & World Report 2017 Best Law Firms in North Carolina list.
From 2012 to 2013, Mr. Wood served as a member of the Board of Governors for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) as well as the Chairman of that organization’s Products Liability section. He was appointed to this position again for the 2013-2014 term.
He is frequently a guest speaker and lecturer at NCAJ sponsored CLE events and he remains active on the Membership Committee for the NCAJ.
Currently, Mr. Wood lives in Wake County with his wife and their children.
Publications & Speaking Engagements:
- Products Liability (Chapter 24) and Woodson Claims: Employer’s Intentional Tort Exeption to Exlusive Remedy Provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act (Chapter 30), North Carolina Prima Facie Tort Manual, Sixth Edition (2014)
- Using Daubert as Sword and Shield: Expert Testimony Post-McGrady, NCAJCLE (2014)
- Plaintiff’s Personal Injury From Start to Finish, NBI CLE (2013)
- Recent Changes to Rule 702 of the North Carolina Rules of Evidence, NCAJ CLE (2012)
- Motorcycle Accidents and Products Liability, TRIAL BRIEFS, June Issue (2011)
- Emerging Defects in the Motor Vehicle Industry, TRIAL BRIEFS, June Issue (2011)
- Statute of Repose Update, NCAJ CLE (2010)
- Electronic Defects in Motor Vehicle Litigation, NCAJ Summer Convention (2010)
- Preemption & Motor Vehicle Defects, NCAJ Fall Convention (2009)
- Theories of Products Liability in Motorcycle Accidents, NYBA CLE (2009)
- Duty to Investigate: Ins & Outs of Ethics in Auto Torts, NCAJ CLE (2008)
- Ethics in Insurance Coverage Disputes, NBI CLE (2008)
- Measuring Value in Mediation, 21 Ohio St. J. on Disp. Resol. 383 (2006)
Memberships & Accreditations:
Call (919) 739-3643 to get started on your case in a free consultation, or contact us online. We offer same-day appointments in English or Spanish for your convenience.