The Law Offices of D. Hardison Wood are proud to support community and government initiatives that reflect the practice’s values. Each of the following organizations contributes to the health and well-being of the community in valuable ways.
- Established in 1980 the Food Bank is a non-profit that helps feed the hungry in 34 counties of North Carolina.
- Branch locations include Durham, Greenville, New Bern, Raleigh, Sandhills, Wilmington and more.
- They offer special programs such as Weekend Power Pack – sending home a pack full of nutritious foods for the weekend with students who might not otherwise have access to food.
- In North Carolina it is against the law to text and drive.
- Texting while driving kills thousands of drivers every year.
- According to the National Safety Council texting while driving causes 25% of all accidents, totaling 1.6 million a year.
- According to the National Highway Safety Transportation Board, it is 6 TIMES more dangerous to text while driving than to drive while intoxicated.
- Take the pledge not to text and drive.
- Distracted driving is any activity that could divert a person’s attention away from the primary task or driving.
- In 2010, 3092 people were killed in crashes involving a distracted driver and an estimated additional 416,000 were injured in motor vehicle crashes involving a distracted driver.
- 11% of all drivers under the age of 20 involved in fatal crashes were reported as distracted at the time of the crash. This age group has the largest proportion of drivers who were distracted.
- This food drive is a community-wide food and funds drive for Food Bank shelves over the winter months.
- The food & funds will provide help to more than 560,000 children, parents and grandparents who are at risk for hunger.
- Your support makes a difference, please help us reach the HOC goal of five and a half million pounds in donations!
- Click here to watch the video!
- During the school year, BackPack Buddies provides weekend meals to children that come from homes that are not food-secure.
- 1,600 children are registered at 55 sites across 7 countries.
- The children are given a backpack with 6 nutritious meals and 2 healthy snacks every week. For one child to be fed for an entire school year, it takes $350.