Attorney Hardison Wood
Mr. Wood was born and raised in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He graduated from St. John’s College in Annapolis, Maryland with a double major in philosophy and the history of mathematics and science. Mr. Wood earned his law degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York, New York. Upon returning to North Carolina, he founded the Law Office of D. Hardison Wood and is the firm’s sole shareholder.
Since passing the bar, Mr. Wood has limited his practice to representing injured victims of negligence. One of his very first cases out of law school was a 15-passenger van rollover involving fatalities and serious injuries. The case took years to bring to a successful conclusion against the van’s manufacturer, and it gave Mr. Wood deep insights into catastrophic injury litigation early on in his career.
Mr. Wood has achieved the highest attorney rating, “AV”, by Martindale-Hubbell, an independent legal services company whose peer-reviewed attorney ratings service is an objective indicator that an attorney has the highest ethical standards and professional ability.
Mr. Wood is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, whose membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
From 2010 to 2011 Mr. Wood served as a member of the Board of Governors for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) as well as the Chairman of that organization’s Products Liability section. He frequently is a guest speaker and lecturer at NCAJ sponsored CLE events and he remains active on the Membership Committee for the NCAJ.
Currently, Mr. Wood lives in Wake County with his wife and their four children.
Publications & Speaking Engagements:
- Measuring Value in Mediation, 21 Ohio St. J. on Disp. Resol. 383 (2006)
- Ethics in Insurance Coverage Disputes, NBI CLE (2008)
- Duty to Investigate: Ins & Outs of Ethics in Auto Torts, NCAJ CLE (2008)
- Theories of Products Liability in Motorcycle Accidents, NYBA CLE (2009)
- Preemption & Motor Vehicle Defects, NCAJ Fall Convention (2009)
- Electronic Defects in Motor Vehicle Litigation, NCAJ Summer Convention (2010)
- Statute of Repose Update, NCAJ CLE (2010)
- Emerging Defects in the Motor Vehicle Industry, TRIAL BRIEFS, June Issue (2011)
- Motorcycle Accidents and Products Liability, TRIAL BRIEFS, June Issue (2011)
- Recent Changes to Rule 702 of the North Carolina Rules of Evidence, NCAJ CLE (2012)
Memberships & Accreditations:
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar (all NC state courts)
- United States District Court (Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of N.C.)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- AV Peer Review Rated – Martindale Hubbell
- Proud Member of the National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Member of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Tenth Judicial District